POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : difficult questions (for me anyway) : Re: difficult questions (for me anyway) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: difficult questions (for me anyway)
From: mr art
Date: 8 Mar 2000 13:38:06
Message: <38C69E24.E80E6439@gci.net>
From the docs:

vrotate(A,B)
Rotate A about origin by B.
Given the x,y,z coordinates of a point in space designated
by the vector A, rotate that point about the origin by an
amount specified by the vector B. Rotate it about the x-axis
by an angle specified in degrees by the float value B.x.
Similarly B.y and B.z specify the amount to rotate in degrees
about the y-axis and z-axis. The result is a vector containing
the new x,y,z coordinates of the point.

A contains a point reference
B contains a rotation reference.
The function vrotate(A,B) returns the new point reference
if you rotate point A by rotation B.

i.e. point{<0,0,0> translate A rotate B}

I know that there is no object called point{ <location>
[OBJECT_MODIFIERS...] }
but it does help to use it in this way with translate and rotate .

Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> >   Or more easier with vrotate().
>
> Please explain, for me and for other maths disadvantaged pov users!
>
> --
>        http://www.minda.swinternet.co.uk/index.htm

Mr. Art

"Often the appearance of reality is more important
than the reality of the appearance."
Bill DeWitt 2000