POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 2 questions : Re: 2 questions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 questions
From: Ken
Date: 3 Mar 2000 07:29:21
Message: <38BFAE02.7C91643E@pacbell.net>
Paul Daniel Jones wrote:

> howdy, I have two questions for you guys.
>
> 1) What is the best way to light a scene containing a lot of glass. ie:
> drinking glasses with liquid etc. I have tried multiple light sources
> (point lights and area lights) but just cant seem to get it right. The
> scene is either too light or two dark and the glasses all have very dark
> regions in them. Should I encase the whole thing in a box or sphere to
> increase the amount of ambient light?

As my learned colleagues have already mentioned the max trace level will
help here but what the glass object is refracting is also an important
element. The amount of ior specified will also contribute. Personally
I often add something outside the view of the camera to help give the
glass object(s) something else to refract besides the color black.