POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 2 questions : 2 questions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  2 questions
From: Paul Daniel Jones
Date: 3 Mar 2000 07:08:13
Message: <38BFAAEE.4B962461@psu.edu>
howdy, I have two questions for you guys.

1) What is the best way to light a scene containing a lot of glass. ie:
drinking glasses with liquid etc. I have tried multiple light sources
(point lights and area lights) but just cant seem to get it right. The
scene is either too light or two dark and the glasses all have very dark
regions in them. Should I encase the whole thing in a box or sphere to
increase the amount of ambient light?

2) This is a silly question of sorts, must you put a semi-colon at the
end of a declare statment? I always forget to, especially in multi-line
declares, and everything works fine for me.

-paul