POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Moons and planets in daylight : Re: Moons and planets in daylight Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moons and planets in daylight
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Feb 2000 15:18:26
Message: <38B9870C.1D61CDDD@peak.edu.ee>
You have to remember that the moon is outside the atmosphere, so you can't
really do this with a blue (infinite) sky_sphere.
I have achieved great results simulating the atmosphere with coloured fog or
media in a finite, spherical container. Now, the blackness of space and the
black (shadowed) part of the moon are not visible.
If the viewpoint & ground is now positioned in realistic proportion to the
atmosphere, you also get the natural darkening of the sky towards the zenith.
If you want, I can look around for an example scene.

Margus