POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangle thieves on my harddrive? : Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive?
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 24 Feb 2000 17:06:46
Message: <38B5AB55.88F72B51@enter.net>
Peter Popov wrote:
> I can't help you much on the other issues but have you tried this in
> Rhino?
>
> Render -> Options -> Render Tab -> Backface checkbox

Oh, that's ok, Peter. Rhino is the one package so far that is
presenting the test object the way I expected so no mods needed
there :)

> As of fixing the normals, try exporting to non-smoothed triangles and
> give the John's SSS (Surface Subdivision Suite) a try.

Hmm... yes, I ought to try combining some low res scans with a
little VanSickle magic to see what happens. Although, if the
converters and modellers are throwing out my normals, I'll
still have to overcome that problem separately, but Phillipe
just gave me a new angle to try there, so (crosses his fingers)
maybe I'll actually figure this out yet! :/

Thanks
Charles