POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangle thieves on my harddrive? : Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangle thieves on my harddrive?
From: Ken
Date: 21 Feb 2000 23:30:13
Message: <38B21080.2ABB3774@pacbell.net>
Charles Fusner wrote:

> When I import any of the meshs I obtained through scanning into
> 3DWinOGL (or Poser 4 as a prop object) I get a mesh that seems
> to be missing about every other triangle.

In the import options dialog do you have the unify box checkmarked ?

I believe this is supposed to unify the normals of the triangles
as it reads in the mesh. If you haven't tried it do so now.

If you have it checked try unchecking it and see if it makes a difference.

You might also give Crossroads a whirl. Is has a normalize triangles
option that might or might not help.

Bout all I have to offer...