POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Equal spacing along curve : Re: Equal spacing along curve Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equal spacing along curve
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 14 Feb 2000 19:29:07
Message: <38A89DE0.F9841C16@stud.ntnu.no>
Peter Popov wrote:
>  There was a thread in this forum called "Adding forces to points on
> curves" started by Rune on Dec 27. Some of the replies there dig into
> your problem.

Thanks for the tip. I've read the posts about getting equally spaced
points on a spline but haven't had the time to dig into the macros.

> t1, where t1 is such that the integral of f(t)/dt from t to t1 equals

I agree if you mean:
integral of sqrt(X'(t)^2 + Y'(t)^2 + Z'(t)^2) from 0 to t1 equals l/n.

.. and the next would be from t1 to t2 right?
But I can't solve this equation analytically.

As I see it I can
a) produce splines in pov using LSpline3
b) produce splines in Matlab
c) solve the 13 equations above numerically in Matlab

-- think I'll start with a) even though I'm a spline virgin.

sig.