POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Formula to add pigment image map to isosurface sphere ? : Re: Formula to add pigment image map to isosurface sphere ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Formula to add pigment image map to isosurface sphere ?
From: mr art
Date: 5 Feb 2000 21:50:46
Message: <389CE198.989A8153@gci.net>
This does map the image to the sphere, as a displacement.
I have used the pigment{image_map{ png "*.png" map_type 1}}
statement for the pigment. See the thread "My first MegaPOV0.4 image(26k
bu)"
for an example. I have set this up as a macro to be used with
various planet images.

--
Mr. Art

"Often the appearance of reality is more important
than the reality of the appearance."
Bill DeWitt 2000