POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Formula to add pigment image map to isosurface sphere ? : Formula to add pigment image map to isosurface sphere ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Formula to add pigment image map to isosurface sphere ?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Feb 2000 07:56:38
Message: <389C1E1F.951FB4B6@inapg.inra.fr>
This formula was posted in one of the groups not so long ago (a couple
of weeks ?).
It was meant to make planets out of planet maps, if I remember well.
The map was used as a pigment map, turned into a function added to the
regular sphere function :
x*x+y*y+z*z + stuff here (hfld())

with hfld=function{pigment{image_mape{tga "mymap"}}}

The nice thing was that the height field coordinates were mapped to the
sphere (or so I guessed by looking at the code). So it was not
x*x+y*y+z*z +1-hfld(x,y,z) but something slightly more complicated.

I can't find it, and I don't remember the author's name... I could be
mistaken too.
Any help very much appreciated !

G.