POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Evaluating pattern : Re: Evaluating pattern Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evaluating pattern
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Jan 2000 01:25:35
Message: <388fe4df@news.povray.org>
>> I have a bozo pattern (pigment) and I want to be able to get 15 random
>> pigments that the pattern would have produced.
>
>I am not quite sure what you mean, do you want 15 different colors? Or
>15 different values? eval_pattern() returns the float value of a pattern
>at a specific point, eval_pigment() returns the color of a pigment.

I want the pigment value at 15 different points in space. eg
pigment {
 bozo
 color_map {
  [0.0 White]
  [1.0 Blue]
 }
}

I want to know what colour the point at <5,2,-9> will be if this pattern is
applied.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
* Definition of an upgrade: Take the old bugs out, put new ones in*