POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : car motion, calculus : Re: road following cars and car following roads :) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: road following cars and car following roads :)
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 25 Jan 2000 20:43:28
Message: <388E5050.CD52FEBD@t-online.de>
cc wrote:

> say I "would have to compute the Bessel functions (or whatever)
> numerically," do you mean something like for example taking a sum of some
> formula as n goes from 1 to something aribitrarily large?  Anyway it's

Yes, someting like that. The zeroth Bessel function is like cos,
just the factorials in the denominator are squared, and the
powers are taken from x^2/4 instead of x. But usually one uses
a more complicated, but faster and preciser formula (which is
different for different values of the argument).

A pointer to a numerics site (which is considered doubtful
by professionals, but good enough for simple stuff) can be found
near the bottom of http://math.jpl.nasa.gov/nr/nr.html .

Ralf