POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : car motion, calculus : Re: car motion, calculus Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: car motion, calculus
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 20 Jan 2000 18:34:09
Message: <38879A88.9E23563F@t-online.de>
cc wrote:

> I wanted accelleration and smooth steering-angle change.   So I worked on a

If all you want is a nice movie, why not start with the given
shape of the curve and the location as a function of time,
and then get the angles etc. by differentiation?

>     cos( sin(x) )  dx

Looks like something with a Bessel function to me. Are you sure
you want to use this?

If yes, try Gradstein/Ryshik or Abramowitz/Stegun (the first one
is a great collection of integrals ant other stuff, the second
has mostly definitions, but has all of them correct (it is
something like an ANSI standard about higher functions)).

Yet another way to do it would be to integrate numerically -- just
hack a Runge-Kutta using POV's macros.

Ralf