POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces? : Re: Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Square roots of negative numbers in isosurfaces?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 14 Jan 2000 17:10:49
Message: <387F9E1B.F3DF1811@my-dejanews.com>
But the point is that pov is doing SOMETHING.  If it finds a definite
isosurface for a mathematically undefined region of space, then povray is in
reality not computing the given function, but converting it to some defined
function. Or there is an error in how it has defined some functions.

perhaps
    x^a = sign(x)^int(a) * abs(x)^a

because
    noise3d(x^3.1, y, z)
gives "something" for negative values of x !

I'm not complaining as much as striving to solve the mystery . . .