POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Distributing spheres of differnent sizes... : Re: Distributing spheres of differnent sizes... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distributing spheres of differnent sizes...
From: Rune
Date: 7 Jan 2000 20:14:48
Message: <38768f88@news.povray.org>
Michael Andrews wrote:
>Adam Coffman wrote:
>>
>> The really nice neck picture in binaries.images shows that my previous
>> answer wasn't quite what you had in mind.  My formula was for spheres
>> which are just touching each other, instead of overlapping.
>
>Yeah, so was mine! I was thinking 'string of beads' rather than
>'spheresweep'.

I know, I'm not so good at explaining. :-(

>> So, I tried the problem again, this time assuming instead that the
>> distance between the centers was proportional to the radius, and that
>> the first and last radii were given.  I got the same answer as your
>> post to binaries.scene-files!

That's good!
I know that it then must be the right, probably best and maybe only solution
:-)

>I haven't looked at the posted code yet, but I've done similar things
>for blob-splines.

Blob... splines... Hmm, that should work with the IKN too. I must have a
look at that.

Thank you both again for you efforts! :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated December 22: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,