POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Distributing spheres of differnent sizes... : Re: Distributing spheres of differnent sizes... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distributing spheres of differnent sizes...
From: Adam Coffman
Date: 7 Jan 2000 12:24:35
Message: <38762154.88C9B9B0@ipfw.edu>
The really nice neck picture in binaries.images shows that my previous
answer wasn't quite what you had in mind.  My formula was for spheres
which are just touching each other, instead of overlapping.

So, I tried the problem again, this time assuming instead that the
distance between the centers was proportional to the radius, and that
the first and last radii were given.  I got the same answer as your
post to binaries.scene-files!

Adam C.