POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Flat areas in spotted texture : Flat areas in spotted texture Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Flat areas in spotted texture
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 6 Jan 2000 01:50:26
Message: <38743b32@news.povray.org>
I recall a discussion sometime last year about a bug in the random number
generator
that resulted in 'flat' areas in the bozo and spotted patterns.

I've just run across and example and my question is: Is there a
workaround/solution for this. I'm working on a scene where I need most of
the objects covered with soot and the flat areas really look bad. The
texture I'm working with is :

 pigment {
  spotted
  color_map {
   [0.0 rgbt<0.2,0.2,0.2,0.2>]
   [0.8 rgbt<0.3,0.3,0.3,0.4>]
   [0.85 rgbt<0.4,0.4,0.4,0.5>]
   [1.0 rgbt<0.5,0.5,0.5,0.6>]
  }
  turbulence 0.4
  translate x*5
  scale 0.1
 }

Thanks for any help

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
* Definition of an upgrade: Take the old bugs out, put new ones in*