POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Parsing vs. Rendering Performance : Re: Parsing vs. Rendering Performance Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing vs. Rendering Performance
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 5 Jan 2000 09:02:34
Message: <38734EFA.2E4DB1E3@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Ken wrote:

> Well I never really said you can't use a machine equiped with less memory
> but is sure seems like it is becoming more difficult to do so. I would be
> very happy to have a machine equipped with about 512 megs of memory and
> would consider it my dream machine.

Well why not 1024 megs? What would you like to do with it?
I have, as you might know, access to a machine with one GB RAM. It
doesn't change the world too much. I found the 48 megs of my PC at home
in 90% of the cases sufficient. Sometimes it makes me even more creative
when I develop something that can be rendered on my PC.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler