POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Distributing spheres of differnent sizes... : Distributing spheres of differnent sizes... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Distributing spheres of differnent sizes...
From: Rune
Date: 3 Jan 2000 17:12:41
Message: <38711ed9@news.povray.org>
Imagine a straight line from a to b. Along that line multiple spheres are
centered. The spheres have different sizes. From a to b the radius of a
sphere gets linearly smaller. I want a certain number of spheres to be on
the line. The first sphere centered at a, and the last sphere on b. I want
the spheres to be distributed along the line in a certain way. It must not
be linearly but relative to the radii(sp?) of the spheres. That is, the
smaller the spheres get, the smaller distance between them.

What I can't figure out is how to calculate the points along the line at
which the spheres must be centered.

It may be possible to use some kind of forces to calculate it, but I would
prefer "straight" math.

Anyone know how to do it?

Oh, if you haven't guessed yet, this is for my Inverse Kinematics Neck...

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated December 22: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,