POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Adding forces to points in curves : Re: Adding forces to points in curves Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding forces to points in curves
From: Rune
Date: 30 Dec 1999 11:51:19
Message: <386b8d87@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote:
>Wasn't it Rune who wrote:
>>Mike Williams wrote:
>>>It's fairly easy to calculate the spline with the right total
>>>length (performing a binary chop on the value I just tweaked above),
>>
>>Could you explain this in greater detail?
>
>I'll post some code that does this to povray.binaries.scene-files.

Thanks a lot Mike!

It works very well and quick too!

Only, I found it was even quicker if you change line 36 to line 40 from
this:

  #if (_ikn_len > ikn_length)
    #declare _ikn_m = _ikn_m * 0.5;  // if spline too long, reduce end
vectors
  #else
    #declare _ikn_m = _ikn_m * 1.5;  // if spline too long, increase end
vectors
  #end

to this:

  #declare _ikn_m = _ikn_m*(ikn_length/_ikn_len);

Then you can easily go down to 0.01% precision and then it's still quicker.

I'll use your method to find the right spline and then Peter Popov's to
equalize the points. :-)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated December 22: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,