POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optimized curves : Optimized curves Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Optimized curves
From: Rune
Date: 22 Dec 1999 15:20:01
Message: <38613271@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to figure out a way to optimize curves.
A curve of spheres positioned by a spline formula will be more bended some
places than others and the distance between the spheres won't be the same.

I need the spheres to be positioned so that there's a specified distance
between them and so that the bending is also evenly distributed.

See the small image in povray.binaries.images for a example of what I mean.

I tried to start out with a spline and then add forces to the spheres from
there but I couldn't figure out the core formulas needed.

Any idea how I should make the forces?
Or maybe there's an other way than using forces?

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated December 10: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,