POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Motion Blur Question... : Motion Blur Question... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Motion Blur Question...
From: Colin Doncaster
Date: 19 Dec 1999 12:18:59
Message: <385D166D.CE6C6CE8@bentanimation.com>
I am playing around with MegaPov, currently the motion blur feature.
It's seems like a pretty decent patch for motion blur, camera motion
blur can be simulated by moving all the objects over time in the
opposite direction the camera is moving.  I have two questions - first
of all, is there a way to jitter the motion blur ray?  Right now if you
specify 5 samples, you get a stepped look to the blur which, with
jittering, I think would be removed or at least lessen the artifact.
Second, is it possible to blur deforming geometry?  If in the motion
blur block I specify and if, and say, if this is the first pass of the
motion blur object use this mesh, if second step use this mesh and
repeat it for each sample step, I should, in theory, be able to blur
deforming geometry - right?

    Thanks, C.

BTW - any good tutorials available for creating procedural surfaces?  Oh
yeah - is displacement available? And another thing :) is a 4.0 version
being developed.  thanks.

--
Colin Doncaster
Bent Animation Inc.