POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : About types of projections : Re: About types of projections Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About types of projections
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 12 Dec 1999 13:26:06
Message: <3853E949.B0AC11A5@peak.edu.ee>
The only way the checker pattern isn't distorted is with the orthographic
camera. The distortion of the perspective camera becomes obvious at high camera
angles (this is why the panoramic camera was added). At angles -> zero the
distortion of the perspective camera is indeed negligible, since it starts to
look like orthographic projection (rays are nearly parallel). But try an angle
of, say, 150 and you know what I mean.
Believe me, at least in the principles of planar and spherical projection I was
not mistaken.

Margus