POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture. : Re: error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: error: Cannot layer over a patterned texture.
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 24 Nov 1999 13:26:40
Message: <383c2de0@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
: more precisely supplementing all clear parts
: with the aforementioned patterned texture.

  Well, this was what I first did (before trying layering), but there seems
to be a problem with scaling the granite pattern (at least when used as a
normal pattern). The problem was that I wanted to scale up the texture
pattern without scaling up the underlying textures. What I tried was to
first scale down the textures and then scaling up the texture pattern. It
broke the granite normal (I have to post a separated article about this).
  Since it didn't work, I tried layering the textures instead, with known
results...

  I ended up using a separate plane for each layer. Slows down rendering...