POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Weird results scaling normals : Re: Weird results scaling normals Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird results scaling normals
From: Ken
Date: 24 Nov 1999 14:16:59
Message: <383C392F.CCAA5C67@pacbell.net>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> May be a stupid remark, but what about scaling the normals within the normal
> statement until they look right ?
> G.

 I'll tell you why for Warp this is unacceptable.

  Warp has a very analytical approach to scene design and expects that
when he does this it should do that. No fault in that I suppose except
when it does not behave as it is supposed to.

  Me, on the other hand, do not always try to predict the outcome based on
numerical fact. I just tweak things until they look good. Much as a painter
will try a different brush if the brush stroke looks wrong with the one
he is using.

  A clash between art and science.