POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Smoke : Smoke Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Smoke
From: Joel Gilmore
Date: 22 Nov 1999 03:29:25
Message: <383A18F2.92F05850@mail.flashmail.com>
Does anyone have any suggestions on how one would model smoke coming off
say a cigarette?
Would using an image of smoke as an imagemap with a transparent
background (can you do that?) work if it was pointed directly at the
camera?  I suppose if I made the object with the imagemap partly
transparent, it would look not too bad.
Or does anyway know of a "better" way to do this?
Cheers,
Joel
PS-And if the imagemap's the way to go, anyone got any good ideas on how
to draw smoke? :0)