POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fishtail math ><}}}*> : Re: Fishtail math ><}}}*> Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fishtail math ><}}}*>
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 20 Nov 1999 08:52:48
Message: <3836A79B.6502BDE8@xs4all.nl>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I think there is a more serious problem with the sin cos solution.
>
> The sin cos solution prevents non unique positions along the x axis.
> Many
> kinds of aquatic animals, maybe some fish, would bend their bodies
> around so
> much that there might be two points of the body at some given x.
>
> Remco de Korte wrote:

I don't understand. This is just the thing that makes sin or cos a
reasonable choice, I thought.
I'm obviously missing something very important here. The only thing that
I have to support my choice is a working animation that does what it
should do for me, but, admittedly, is probably not what a hardcore
pov-er would consider realistic.

Regards,

Remco