POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Parsing time : Re: Parsing time Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing time
From: omniVERSE
Date: 12 Nov 1999 03:22:54
Message: <382bce5e@news.povray.org>
Maybe the triangle mesh compressor can help:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/pcm.html
Check out about it all there. Since I don't have sPatch here right now and
used it so little I can't confirm it will be of the correct form (sPatch
outputs bicubic_patch is all I know of so if triangle output is possible
guess that would be the one to choose) to be worked on by the mesh
compressor. Surely someone else knows.
Like Ken says the best way of previewing a lengthy parsing mesh would be to
approximate the basic shape with primitives, there is also the command-line
quality option +q# where # is 0 to 11, probably not a lot of help in this
case.  Being one to prefer CSG rather than meshes guess I'm not really one
to answer anyway. But I did, oops.

Bob