POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Parsing time : Parsing time Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Parsing time
From: Joel Gilmore
Date: 12 Nov 1999 02:24:36
Message: <382CDAB5.C3FB86F9@mail.flashmail.com>
Hi all,
Well, I guess I'm kinda new to the rendering scene, but I've jumped
straight in, and started putting together a chess set.
Using my own pieces, I modeled a pawn, and put eight of them on a chess
board, added nice lighting (IMHO :) etc.  Then I decided to have a shot
at doing the Queen.  Using sPatch, I modeled a rather nice head, using
the lathe tool, then adding dimples around the top.
I exported to pov, but when I looked at the source code, there was over
5000 lines!  And when I render, it takes a bit over two minutes to just
parse the code.
Is there anyway to reduce this time?  Or, alternatively, get some sort
of a preview so that I can try and place it all accurately?  I could
perhaps export it to Moray instead, but I've already put together the
pawn and so forth in Pov, and I quite enjoy working with the source
code.
Thanks :)
Joel