POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay - Beyond the Basics : Re: POVRay - Beyond the Basics Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay - Beyond the Basics
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 9 Nov 1999 05:10:49
Message: <3827F328.6A0C36F5@giwersworld.org>
Peter Ketting wrote:

> Hello All,

> I'd like to know if there's any interest for a POVRay website that covers
> more advanced
> techniques, as oppose to basic tutorials that seem to swamp almost every
> unofficial POV Site.

	There is always an interest in anything. But there is a problem.
Unless it is something like trees, cities and other labors of
love, I find it easier to create myself rather than figure out
how to use someone else's idea of how to do it.

	My way of doing things is obscure as everyones'. Just that there
are more ways to do any one thing than likely anyone has spent
the time to tally.

	So from my 11 months experience with POV it appears to me that
the interest of such a page is for those without years of
experience in programming and math and science. Which means the
artists only.

	But if the artists stick with it they soon learn programming and
math and science.

	So it appears to me that the interest is for those sort of
approach the artist/programmer crossover point in their
experience.

	Now if the artists could just create sites for us technical
types we would be very much appreciative.