POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem with media and radiosity : Re: Problem with media and radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with media and radiosity
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 28 Oct 1999 23:49:49
Message: <3819195d@news.povray.org>
TonyB <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote ...
> >Why not use UVPov? I think the latest version has this problem fixed,
> >along with some other radiosity stuff.
>

> So this is a bug? I didn't know that. Well, I guess I'll have to wait for
> the SuperPatch to join with it to render. I was really hoping to put it
out
> soon. Oh, well. thank you.

Depends on your definition of a bug.  It's more of a limitation.  POV-Ray
3.1 only computes radiosity a trace depth 1, so if a ray already passed
through an object (clear media container) or reflected off of a mirror, the
trace depth will be greater than one and no radiosity will be calculated.
UVPov alpha 6 removes this limitation.

-Nathan