POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface : Isosurface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface
From: Fabian Brau
Date: 28 Oct 1999 07:36:16
Message: <381843A0.1779A921@umh.ac.be>
Hello,

I have just discovered the superpatch (I know this patch since a long
time but I never used it). The isosurface seems to be a great utility
(with function, etc... this begin to look like shader :)). But, I just
have seen some simple example but to produce something good and well
define (example the surface of an ocean) what's the procedure: trial and
error (in 1 year I will still be there to attempt top get something
good!), or there another good way? I have download the (small) tutorial
from Ken page but...(too trivial)?

For example, it is easy to work with CGS because you know exactly how it
work (this is terrible for me now because when I look a more or less
complicated object I decompose it, in my mind, into CGS :)!!)

But for isosurface??

Thanks to give me some light,

Fabian.