POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Water texture 2 : Re: Water texture 2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water texture 2
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Oct 1999 07:21:17
Message: <3816E007.7731860F@peak.edu.ee>
IIRC, the manual says granite is 1/f fractal noise. Anyway, perlin noise
_is_ by definition fractal noise, i.e. it has multiple levels of detail.
Bozo is perlin noise, but it has only one octave, so it is not strictly
fractal yet. By adding together several bozo patterns you increase the
octaves of perlin noise, giving it fractal nature.

Margus