POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : WARNING: #exec and safety : Re: WARNING: #exec and safety Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WARNING: #exec and safety
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 22 Oct 1999 06:53:39
Message: <38104233@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Juha skrev i meldingen <380f4e3e@news.povray.org>...
>Simen Kvaal <sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote:
>: for example via an "registered #exec
>: programs" dialog from the menu
>
>  This can't be done with ANSI C.

Why not? You can specify which .ini files to use, which, include direcroties
to use, why not specify which #exec commands to allow?

>: and *not* via an .INI-file.
>
>  Why not?

Well, I thought maybe it was usual to supply an .ini file with the scene
file. If that ini-file included directives that let povray use a particular
#exec program, then we're back to the problem that the user has less
control. I think.

Simen.