POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Closing brace bug ? : Re: Closing brace bug ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Closing brace bug ?
From: Ken
Date: 15 Oct 1999 11:57:54
Message: <38074EB5.14290561@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Your code expands to:

> First, I'm guessing you didn't really mean to multiply by 360/A; you probably
> meant something else, as rotating by 360,000 degrees is meaningless and strange.
> Perhaps you meant to multiply by 360*A/12 ?  If so, note that the cylinder
> created for A=6 will be coincident with the one created for A=0 as well.  In
> addition, the two cylinders for A=3 and the two for A=9 will be coincident.
>
> That said, notice that you're differencing the same sphere many, many times and
> in fact you're differencing the first sphere from itself.  Of course you have a
> coincident surface problem.

 Actually the code was intentionaly left as it was to illustrate the
problem. What I am confused about though is why the coincident surface
problem is manifesting itself on the surface areas of the sphere that
are in no way in contact with any of the csg operation. I can understand
it where there are cylinders overlapping ect. but not in the other areas
of the sphere itself.
 I will ponder these things further and perhaps some day I will grok them
in their entirety.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: