POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I can't see my media : Re: I can't see my media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can't see my media
From: Ken
Date: 11 Oct 1999 17:30:56
Message: <380256D6.C2B521EA@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

> > I have also just recently found that adding a black media along with your
> >reactive media can speed up render times when using a scattering media. I
> >have no concrete evidence to support this claim but if you try my above
> code
> >try also adding this along with it to see how it compares time wise:
>
> Odd, but cool. What made you try this?

I was trying to find a shorter route to India. No wait that was Columbus.

Er... um... I was trying to thin out the media in my scene. It was a little
too dense for my needs and I thought strangly enough that adding a black
media might help. Well it didn't do anything to the density of the media
im my scene but the increase in render time was instantly noticable.

Go figure !

> >I intentionaly use slightly different sampling and intervals to avoid
> >cancellation effects. It may make no difference but why mess with it
> >if it works... I may also be completely daft :)
>
> Nah, you were written by the finest Arcturian programmers. ;)

:)

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: