POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Long render time the good news : Re: Long render time the good news Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long render time the good news
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 7 Sep 1999 13:23:25
Message: <37d4afb0.41894415@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 5 Sep 1999 19:47:28 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mha### [at] mindaswinternetcouk> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Ken's suggestion of using boxes with a thickness of 0 works.
>
>Render time has dropped from 22hrs to 1i/2 hrs!!!!

Wow. Mind-boggling improvement.

So Ken, I've got this scene which takes ages to render... it's got
about 13,000 fragments of an exploding mooon in it and a few thousand
stars (along with a gaseous/flammable explosions, now using CC's lens
flare again because media just wasn't working fast enough) I was just
wondering... any way to speed it up as much as Mick's cloudy scene?
<innocent grin>

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/