POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crossposting (was Re: I highly doubt that anything that I've written is "spam" ...) : Re: UltraSparc with Solaris 7 and a C compiler Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UltraSparc with Solaris 7 and a C compiler
From: Ron Parker
Date: 2 Sep 1999 21:04:38
Message: <37cf1e33.272109402@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 02 Sep 1999 17:55:20 -0400, Dennis Clarke
<dcl### [at] interlogcom> wrote:

>Geez ...  I'm certain that Sun will lend you a Sun Ultra 2 for the purpose.  It
wouldn't
>take more than a week to get the build optimized and ready to roll.  Where are you
located
>though?  Australia?

Personally, I'm in Indiana.  But it's an ongoing process, you see... A
loaner wouldn't do the job, because next thing you know someone would
want a Solaris 7 build of 3.5, then whatever version comes after that,
and so on.  It's best if there's someone who has full-time access to
whatever hardware is being supported.  That's the case for all of the
currently supported platforms.

Of course, nothing's stopping you from building your own custom
UltraSparc version and burning it on a CD-R.