POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animated Flames : Re: Animated Flames Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated Flames
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 23 Aug 1999 19:38:58
Message: <37c1db92@news.povray.org>
<chr### [at] warpspeedcomau> wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the direction of some ideas (or pref
> some source) to achieving animated flames.
>
> Ideally, what I am looking for is some animated flame, as in
> what burning oil would look like if it were in an open pot or small
> plate.

I have a small animation of a flame of this sort, under my Current Projects:

   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/projects.html

As the description explains, no media was used at all: the flame is simply
created using two textured discs (and one of those discs is only used for
the circular glow).