POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animated Flames : Re: Animated Flames Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated Flames
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Aug 1999 15:52:01
Message: <37c1a661@news.povray.org>
A bit on the inferno side of fire I'd say, small flames from a dish of
lamp oil type of thing would be more smoothly rounded out like a
turbulent sinewaved surface and stretched mostly in the upward
direction. And therein would be the difficulty of texturing it
appropriately I think. A spherical media, centered below the
container, might do okay; so long as the turbulence goes right with
the flame object. I don't know if isosurfaces can be mediaed(sp?,
gr??) but that's a possibility if so.
Glad I saw this link to Dans web page again, I snatched up a picture
of that bicycle right away. Where is he these days anyhow? Well, maybe
he reads but doesn't post much any more.

Bob