POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : a planet : Re: a planet Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a planet
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Aug 1999 20:30:09
Message: <37b75b91@news.povray.org>
'onion' was the common pattern for concentric spheres or circles
before v3.1 (frequency or scale needed to apply to anything other than
a 1 unit radius).
You will not actually see any gradation of a color_map used on a
sphere however unless it is CSG'd with another object, ie cut in half
with a plane.

Bob