POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Bounding Question : Re: Bounding Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding Question
From: Alan Kong
Date: 13 Aug 1999 03:08:10
Message: <37b3bd01.83278480@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:34:31 -0400, "Dave Kreskowiak"
<dkr### [at] homecom> wrote:

>In my lamp there are 210 ribs in 10 groups of 21.  This way a ray will be
>checked against a maximum of 10 bounding boxes and then a maximum of 23
>primitives (not counting IOR of course!)  The tracing time went from 21 to
>5.5 days.

  Hi, Dave. Interesting read. Reminded me of a simple poker chip I made
(code is long gone) and now I wonder how it would've looked using a glass
texture.

  OT, thanks for the nice lampshade image. You might consider posting images
in the povray.binaries.images group and then pointing us in that direction
with your post. We'll look there. It just helps a bit to keep some
smattering of organization when, three months down the road, we scratch our
heads trying to remember where we saw this beautiful crystal lampshade.
Thanks much.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get