POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media and Opposite Colors : Re: Media and Opposite Colors Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media and Opposite Colors
From: Ken
Date: 30 Sep 1999 04:42:31
Message: <37F3220A.1022C961@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Simen Kvaal <sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono> wrote:
> : Light has mass too! According to Einstein, light has no resting mass, but
> : relativistic mass.
>
>   I wouldn't say that light actually has mass.
>   AFAIK light has no mass. Period.

  I heard an astronomer say on an educational program just 2 days ago
that light does indeed have mass. The surface of the earth is bombarded
with roughly the equivalent of 2 pounds of light per day. This is of
course heresay and would not hold up in a court of law. The program
that I heard this on a is called "Universe: The Infinite Frontier"
which airs on a local public broadcast station (PBS).

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: