POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media and Opposite Colors : Re: Media and Opposite Colors Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media and Opposite Colors
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 29 Sep 1999 07:27:00
Message: <37F1F7C8.227C4AF@xs4all.nl>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:05:05 +0200, Remco de Korte
> <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
>
> >That depends. In rgb-calculations cyan is the opposite of red, if for instance
> >you were using another hightech multimedia-tool like for instance fingerpaint
> >you'd have green as the opposite of red.
>
> I'm not sure but I think you are talking about the CMY(K) color model
> which is a subtractive one as opposed to RGB which is additive.
>
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

No, not really, although it's close. CMYK is for print as opposed to RGB for
tubes. Obviously print works more or less the same as paint but there are subtle
differences. I guess that has something to do with the tricks of the trade. One
of the most interesting things: paint has mass. But this is totally off topic
here. 8)

Regards,

Remco