POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with media container objects intersecting other media objects. : Re: Problems with media container objects intersecting other media objects. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with media container objects intersecting other media objects.
From: David Heys
Date: 20 Sep 1999 15:50:33
Message: <37E68AAC.3813BC3D@hotmail.com>
I once ran across problems akin to this when experimenting with media and
differencing the container. I think there's some bug in how POV is handling this
thing. I found that the only way to make it work was to do the differencing, and
then apply the media to the resulting CSG object. In your case, I'd suggest
differencing your crystal objects fromyour mist sphere, and then applying the
media to the differenced sphere. If you want to see the problems I had with
this, and what I had been working on, go to:

http://www.sinbad.net/~autumn/media.html

David