POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Question about atmospheric media : Re: Question about atmospheric media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about atmospheric media
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Sep 1999 05:27:52
Message: <37D77D75.8EA5D890@peak.edu.ee>
I am by no means an expert, but here are some suggestions.
The reason you get a dark image is quite obvious: the media is very
thick. Decreasing extinction will make the image lighter, but it will
not make the media more transparent. A highly directional scattering
model would help, but only when viewed at certain angles, i.e. nearly
parallel or anti-parallel. Another way would be to increase the
intensity of the light source - I see no reason why this shouldn't make
the light cone brighter.
The way density/colour_map and scattering/emission/absorption values
work together is pretty simple; if I'm not mistaken they are simply
multiplied together.

Margus