POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Long render time the good news : Re: Long render time the good news Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long render time the good news
From: Ken
Date: 7 Sep 1999 15:23:04
Message: <37D565BD.30716521@pacbell.net>
Cliff Bowman wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Sep 1999 19:47:28 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
> <mha### [at] mindaswinternetcouk> wrote:
>
> >Hi All
> >
> >Ken's suggestion of using boxes with a thickness of 0 works.
> >
> >Render time has dropped from 22hrs to 1i/2 hrs!!!!
> >
> Wow. Mind-boggling improvement.
>
> So Ken, I've got this scene which takes ages to render... it's got
> about 13,000 fragments of an exploding mooon in it and a few thousand
> stars (along with a gaseous/flammable explosions, now using CC's lens
> flare again because media just wasn't working fast enough) I was just
> wondering... any way to speed it up as much as Mick's cloudy scene?
> <innocent grin>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff Bowman
> Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/

Contact Paul T. Bourke. He has just set up a render farm with Pov as one
of the programs he is running on it. He is looking for challenging jobs
to test out the load capabilities of the system. If you want an email
address let me know.

<all knowing grin>

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: