POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What Exactly is a Sky_Sphere [(?) !] : Re: A Sky_Sphere is infinte Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Sky_Sphere is infinte
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 3 Sep 1999 09:56:46
Message: <37CFD391.B2C9740E@peak.edu.ee>
(Speculation)
I suspect the sky_spere is not exactly represented as an unit sphere around the
camera, but around the start of a ray (camera, reflected, refracted...) More
exactly, the returned value would be that of the pigment 1 unit away from the
origin, in the (relative) direction of the ray. Since only the direction is
important, this would give the desired result.

Margus