POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crossposting (was Re: I highly doubt that anything that I've written is "spam" ...) : Re: light and filters and such ... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light and filters and such ...
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 3 Sep 1999 02:36:29
Message: <37CF6BFB.7F10A043@interlog.com>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> Think of it this way:  Pass a ray of white light through a red filter.  The
> light that will come out will be red.  Then pass the resulting ray of light
> through a green filter.  Since red light contains no green, all of the light
> will be absorbed by the green filter.
>
> Mark

Yep.  I get that quite clearly.  I was thinking of the mixing of light sources as
opposed
to physical pigments.

The real problem that I think I'm having ( yes, there are many :) ) is that the blob
object behaves, well, very strangely.  Perhaps I'm doing something very wrong but I
have a
blob object that just simply has chunks missing.  A smooth edge is expected and
instead I
get a chunk missing with right angles.  There are dark regions where no render takes
place
at all.  I'm currently rendering a six component blob with a T_Chrome_5E texture and
I'm
producing the cpu histogram as well.  At 1280 x 960 resolution and a max_trace_level
of 32
it will take a few minutes but thus far I can see the holes and chunks missing.  I'll
post
a reasonably sized jpg to my web page when done and then perhaps I can get some
comments.

Dennis Clarke

 see   http://www.interlog.com/~dclarke/povray/broken_blob.html