POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : What Exactly is a Sky_Sphere [(?) !] : Re: A Sky_Sphere is infinte Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Sky_Sphere is infinte
From: Ken
Date: 2 Sep 1999 20:33:18
Message: <37CF16FB.B5266365@pacbell.net>
Larry Fontaine wrote:

> But it's impossible to move beyond the sky_sphere because it's infinite. It's
> merely rendered as a sor of "backdrop" to the scene, the same regardless of
> camera position. Kind of like those skies in Doom and Quake that don't appear
> to get closer as you move.
>
> Of course, that doesn't mean there's nothing else there... Suppose we live in
> a three-dimensional universe that's like a "slice" of a four-dimensional one.
> There's a whole nother dimension that we can't possibly get to.

  I think that you will find that the people in this thread know all about
how the sky sphere is implemented. The sky sphere is not even really infinite.
It exsists everywhere something else isn't. More specificaly everywhere there
is no object the skysphere fills in the unused pixels. A fancy fog of sorts.

We were just having fun...

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: