POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crossposting (was Re: I highly doubt that anything that I've written is "spam" ...) : Re: mixing of colors with filters as opposed to light ... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mixing of colors with filters as opposed to light ...
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 2 Sep 1999 18:51:41
Message: <37CEFF0C.51926A04@interlog.com>
"Edward C." wrote:

> <snip>
> >What I find most surprising is that the color
> >red and green mix together to form black.
> <snip>
>
> A pure red filter removes none of the red, all of the green and all of the
> blue.  A pure green filter removes all of the red, none of the green and all
> of the blue.  Together they remove all the red, all the green and all the
> blue.

	I guess that I need to think of the objects as actual physical filters and not the
addition of different wavelengths of light.  I would expect the addition of red green
and
blue to be white when in fact it acts like black.  The absence of any transmitted or
reflected light.  Perhaps if I used blob components that always had a value of 1.0 for
red
or green or blue.  I wonder ....

Dennis